Hi, I am Tom (He/Him).
I am a wedding, fine art, and lifestyle photographer in the Baltimore, DC, Northern Virginia and Philadelphia areas. In 2010 I picked up a camera and discovered a love and fulfillment I hadn't ever known before. I take a very journalistic approach to my photography. I love finding beauty and authentic emotion in every frame. Photography is drawing with light and I enjoy finding, creating, shaping, and manipulating light to evoke genuine mood and distinctive artistry.
Facts and Fun:
- I'm a by-product of photography. My Grandfather shot weddings in the 70s and my Father would occasionally assist him on Navy leave. He met my Mother while photographing my Aunt's wedding - and here I am.
- He found and gave me the camera he used that night. It's incredibly special to have, even more special to load with film and shoot through it.
- I collect old film cameras and shoot and develop my own film.
- I was a graphic designer for over 10 years before finding photography.
- One of my favorite things to do is adventure and see new parts of the world with my wife.
- I got married to my amazing, beautiful wife Rebecca in Iceland a few days before Christmas 2019. It was just the two of us and it was absolutely magical.
- I took a handful of photos of my bride on our wedding day. As seen above by our amazing photographers at Nikolaichik Photo.
- I enjoy mountain biking. I'll take the woods over the beach any day.
- Pizza, Chicken Fingers, and Ice Cream.
We have so many kind words about working with Tom. The entire experience was casual and easy; he is extremely personable and seemed like a friend right away. He showed up early and was non obtrusive to the event itself. Tom and his associate were flexible when new opportunities for photos arose, delivering some FANTASTIC shots that were entirely unplanned. Tom's style is truly unique and sets him apart from other photographers. We HIGHLY recommend working with Tom Pappa Photography.