Hi, I am Tom (He/Him).
I am a wedding and lifestyle photographer based in Baltimore serving the Maryland, DC, Northern Virginia and Philadelphia areas. In 2010 I picked up a camera and discovered a love and fulfillment I hadn't ever known before. I quickly found myself being most excited by capturing emotions and special moments in my imagery. Weddings are full of both and *pinch me* my job is being part of a special, fun, creative big party!
I thoroughly enjoy getting to know you and your story as individuals and as a couple. I discovered early on that this is the foundation for me to not only deliver the best documentation of your wedding day but also provide an easy, enjoyable, unique and personal experience.
Facts and Fun:
- I'm a by-product of photography. My Grandfather shot weddings in the 70s and my Father would occasionally assist him on Navy leave. He met my Mother while photographing my Aunt's wedding - and here I am.
- He found and gave me the camera he used that night. It's incredibly special to have, even more special to load with film and shoot through it.
- I collect old film cameras and shoot and develop my own film.
- I was a graphic designer for over 10 years before finding photography.
- One of my favorite things to do is adventure and see new parts of the world with my wife.
- I got married to my amazing, beautiful wife Rebecca in Iceland a few days before Christmas 2019. It was just the two of us and it was absolutely magical.
- I took a small handful of photos of my bride on our wedding day. It was a non-negotiable when finding our photographers.
- I enjoy mountain biking. I'll take the woods over the beach any day of the week.
- Pizza, Chicken Fingers, and Ice Cream.
“We have so many kind words about working with Tom. The entire experience was casual and easy; he is extremely personable and seemed like a friend right away. He showed up early and was non obtrusive to the event itself. Tom and his associate were flexible when new opportunities for photos arose, delivering some FANTASTIC shots that were entirely unplanned. Tom's style is truly unique and sets him apart from other photographers. We HIGHLY recommend working with Tom Pappa Photography.”